The mountains are no longer naked. I feel much better ... they just don't look quite right without their garb on. Don'tch agree? Can you see our teeny weeny little house back there among the trees with our resident cows munching away as always?
Floor time. This is the cypress that Chris had shipped in from Tinsman's in Lumberville back home because he just couldn't find it anywhere else! We are starting upstairs. That's Joe manhandling the boards. I was given the job of drilling millions of plugs out of board scraps and then glueing one peg into each screw hole ... this will take me days and days. The plugs then get sanded down and the floor will look beautiful.
Our friends Judy and Randy felt we needed a pick-me-up and showed up with a gourmet lunch on Sunday ... you know, the day of rest ... we were, of course, working ... boy was that NICE!! Boy was it GOOD!! Thank you J&R!
There is no lack of things to keep us busy these days. I am up on the scaffold painting. Chris is taping and spackling in the guest bathroom. Evan is figuring out the damp air shower exhaust.
The big stone wall finally got done. Aden did a masterly job I think. The crowning touch was installing the Mercer "Four Seasons: Summer" tile next to the "kitchen" door as I call it. Thank you, David Hewitt, for the tile! I think it just makes the entry so inviting ... when you come visit, see if you don't agree. Just for fun, Chris installed one of the exterior lamps so we could get the full entry effect.We don't want you to think that all we do is work. No, no, sometimes we take in the local scene ... this time it was the roller derby. The local team is called the Ark Valley High Rollers and is comprised of ladies from around town. The high scorer was the local hairdresser. There was a waitress from our favorite pizza place ... a gal from the lumber yard ... the wife of a friend. We went with Dom & Wendy (inset picture) and it was a real hoot.

No comments:
Post a Comment