Monday, October 17, 2011

Back on the job!

We had a good change of pace going back east, stuffing our trailer to the gills (last load from our farm in Lahaska) ... plus loading Mike the Rigger's trailer with the mega heavy machinery that also needed to come west. Now all of that is history ... only thing left is two and a half vintage cars sitting in Chris' brother Ed's barn until probably next summer.

Spackling and sanding will occupy Chris for a very long time I suspect ... here his attentions are focused on a corner in the guest room. The aspen have delighted us with their annual extravaganza of color and now the leaves are falling, a certain harbinger of the coming of winter.

The cement apron in front of the garages is poured in two sections ... the second pour is actually happening as I write these words. The door of the "volvo" garage has been installed and it has an electric opener!!! We have been told to wait ten days before any vehicles are permitted roll onto the new cement.


Department of dull and boring pictures: The waterproofing membranes in the guest bath have been installed, as has the radiant heating tubes in the mud room, the kitchen and the pantry/laundry room. Trimming around windows and doors has begun. The visuals may be dull, but the progress is VERY EXCITING.

One of the porches now has decking, with the others to follow soon. This is everyone's favorite place to eat lunch so we are thrilled to not have to watch our step lest we fall through the cracks. Take special note of the top image ... it is an example of the beautiful fitting job Joe is doing so the boards follow the stones exactly with barely any space between.

The cypress floor boards have been installed in the whole house. That odd circle above is where the spiral staircase to the basement level will be installed. I understand it is to be delivered any day now. The Tulikivi stove will have a 12" soapstone tile surround. I am the official floor Peg Pounder (or screw hole plugger) ... I have my hammer, my knee pads, many bags of pegs, and a glue pot. Every day I zap unsightly floor holes and eventually I'll get the job done so I can move on to painting doors.


No comments:

Post a Comment