
We are waiting for a metal "cap" to be made to finish off the top of the chimney nicely and weather proof it, but meanwhile, isn't this a cool picture of the roof top? At the other end of our structure is the beginning of the solar panel installation ... which will really change the look of the roof.

Finally, after three weeks solid, we are done with the staining of the siding boards and they are all stacked tidily in the garage waiting for some helpers to come do the installing for us. Chris and I shifted our attention to painting garage doors and exterior doors for the workshop. It didn't take me long to figure out that painting around window mullions is a dreadful business ... I hope I get through it in good cheer.

Chris is trying to tie up loose ends, one of which was an unconnected air vent from the upstairs bathroom to the exterior ... finally got it done. Meanwhile, Evan has been suffering outside, mostly at altitude and in very cramped and uncomfortable positions to fill in the missing aspen boards under the eaves all around the house. He tells us the roof feels like a frying pan.

This is what the finished underside of the eaves look like, this job has to be done before the siding can be installed. I asked Evan to give a wave and a smile to his Mom as I snapped this picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment