Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our Earth's Glorious Bounty!





Time is passing faster than normal it seems. We live in the midst of extraordinary beauty and some days we just have to take a break and head for the hills. A few days ago it was a day trip loop over Cottonwood Pass, down to Gunnison and then back home over Monarch Pass. About six hours worth of diversion. This week I bit the bullet and got my Colorado state driver license and license plates, front and back, for my Volvo ... Chris hasn't gotten around to that bit of housekeeping yet.

We can't grow any of our own vegetables yet but to keep my fingernails blackened with dirt I help out one afternoon a week at a CSA (Communituy Sponsored Agriculture) farm north of here and on Saturdays we pick up our CSA box of goodies at the farmers market. It's hard work to eat so much goodness!

Back at the job site ... the workshop floor is getting built up with various layers of strata and compacted between each additional layer prior to the much anticipated concrete work. The outer perimeter of the house is now ready for back-filling. Rich and Donald are getting a head start on the morrow's work in the last pictures ... Rich dumping in dirt with his excavator, and Donald hosing in water so that it can be tamped down just like the floors. It will be great to not have huge gaping canyons all around the house. I can't quite imagine what it will look like, but I'm sure I'll really love it.

1 comment:

  1. Although, I miss you both, I'm happy to hear you're growing your roots where you live - in more ways than one!
    Much love, Leif

    ReplyDelete