
As you can imagine, building creates an amazing amount of scrap lumber of all shapes and sizes ... ours had grown much too large ... I'm sorry we didn't take a picture before we attacked it, but here is one after we had worked on it for a few days. Chris' job was cutting pieces to fireplace usable lengths and splitting, and my job was stacking the resulting sticks in an out of the way spot. I must say I took great pride in my stacks as they progressed upwards. Pieces that were too short or pressure treated went directly into the dumpster.

Here's what things look like today as you come up the driveway to the house. We are still working on detail tasks and trying to get the exterior done. I think I've been reporting that for a few weeks now ... it is till true.

The "open" porch outside the dining area took shape this past week. The joists will remain "floating" until they have a chance to do their shrinking for a few weeks before we nail them down for all time. We learned the wisdom of this because the other porches shrank at will and had to be re-leveled, which was sort of a pain in the neck.

Here is one of the many detail tasks being performed by Evan ... he is putting up the trim around all the angled buttresses and other various protruding timbers all around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment