Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ceilings!!!

Some really exciting developments came to fruition this week ... we have ceilings! Red, green, & blue. They all look even better than I had anticipated, so I am over the moon with joy! The first one up was the sage green in the dining area. The flip side of the ceiling is the sub floor of my weaving studio just above.

Next up was the blue in Chris' den ... it's flip side is the upstairs master bedroom. I am busy conjuring images of how to furnish the spaces ... I am seeing colors and patterns and everything in my mind's eye already. Evan and Chris take a welcome breather for my camera.

Next was the big expanse of red for the kitchen and entry foyer. Now I can actually walk around upstairs and dream about how it will look eventually. The last bit will be the guest room ceiling (green) which I suspect will be done by the time I get up to the job site with lunch later today. The timbers are still, of course, raw ... they will be treated with Tung Oil eventually. We were a little impatient and tested just a small area to see the patterns in the wood light up and reveal their beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment