Sunday, January 9, 2011

Seeing Red, Green & Blue ...

Chris and I have been painting, all day long, for days on end with nary a break ... we are painting the undersides of all the boards that will make up the base layer of the second level floor boards (in effect, the ceilings of all the rooms in the house that are flat). First grey primer on both sides, then color with a soft satin sheen. The brick red is for the kitchen and entry, the blue is for Chris' den, and the sage green is for the dining area as well as the guest room. I love the colors ... I'm even thinking about painting the floor in our bedroom the same brick red ... but I have to ponder on it some more and then see if I can get Chris to like the idea.

The other exciting (!) development is that the roof is actually getting done. That big hulking panel forming machine you see on the right there developed some hiccups and had to go Denver for an overhaul which took several weeks during which time we had to be patient and live with our bright white sticks-out-like-a-sore-thumb roof. But now, with the dark grey standing seam roof fully in place on one side, the house recedes nicely among the ponderosa and pinion pines. The neighborhood looks so much better without the Leydon eyesore.

Our good friends Kate and David from back east surprised us with a gingerbread "Chanukah" house and expressed delight that it had arrived in one piece saying "after all, it's hard to live in a broken home." We are going to plunder the house properly when our son Lars gets here in a week or so. ... break it and dip the pieces in coffee or milk and slurp to our hearts content.

No comments:

Post a Comment