Chris and Evan got right to work on the next floor, the basement of the house ... which is a good bit larger than the workshop/garage. It has to be poured in three separate concrete applications, but first is to fit all the "blue-boards" (insulation panels). Weather called off the heating man who was to come and install the heating tubes for the radiant heat this afternoon ... hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'm cooking up a storm to feed these hungry working men ... cookies, power bars, and extra calorie stuff like that.On my way to our job site at noontime today (equipped with lunch baskets) I got caught in a monstrous hail/sleet/rain squall that pretty much stopped all traffic dead for a while. Looking up toward Mt. Shavano I noticed that it had disappeared in the pea soup haze ... so I knew things were bad up at the building site. By now we have learned to take the weather in our stride, knowing that it will change soon enough. Look at the dramatic sky over our place, to the left is where I had just come from, and the gorgeous innocent blue sky to the right just makes you forgive all the black scary stuff that came before it.


No comments:
Post a Comment