
The piles of timber all around the house have shrunk noticeably ... and in their stead a lovely structure has risen. Above you can see the assembly of the front porch and mud room.

Chris and I had the honor and PLEASURE of nailing up a carefully selected young pine tree (which I first had to go find and cut down) at the peak of the front porch roof. Isn't it lovely? We were hoisted up by the fork lift. We had the choice of this peak or the very tippy top of the whole house, but I felt the front entry was the appropriate spot.

Here is a composite shot of the whole house at this juncture ... the lower roofed area at the left is my pantry/laundry. We haven't started Chris' workshop/garage yet, but you can see it's floor jutting out behind the pantry.

The workmen set right to the task of sanding down all the timbers and checking over all joints and other housekeeping items to ensure the job is up to their standards. The next phase awaits us at the end of the driveway ... a huge pile of SIP panels (and more are yet to come as I understand it). This is the stuff that envelops the whole house, walls and roof, and makes it super insulated and cozy. This work requires lots and lots of calories, so I'm baking and sandwiching up a storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment