
The SIPs are installed on the front half of the roof now ... nothing on the back-half yet, I'm hoping next week will rectify that. I am so delighted with the house's appearance. It has visually shrunk down to a manageable and friendly size. To my eyes, it looks sort of like a sweet and welcoming cottage, which is what we had hoped.

The ceiling inside is tongue and groove aspen boards ... I wasn't sure how I'd like it because it is pretty knotty ... I was thinking I might have to whitewash it with a sheer transparent white to tone those knots down a bit ... but I'll give it some time and see how I feel after a while. Right now I think it looks pretty nice (but then the alternative up to now has been open sky). The fellow in the middle is Alan, our timber framer and owner of Wind River Timberframes. Next frame is Chris trying to keep things tidy as the guys fit and trim aspen boards for the ceiling.

Chris had a birthday here a week or so ago (61) and we celebrated by high-tailing it to the high country for some exploring of the neighborhood. Here we are at the Shavano Trailhead enjoying a picnic.

This weekend Chris flew to Washington DC to help his siblings lay their mother to final rest at Arlington Cemetery along with Admiral Leydon who preceded her by a great many years. While Chris was gone I was invited by our friend Dom to hike up to Lake Ptarmigan and try my hand at catching myself a trout. It was a 6.6 miles round trip up to the most glorious little lake with snowy peaks all around ... fished for a couple of hours .... a bit nippy and thin of air up there but we skedaddled back down the trail before the cold got too serious. It was really exhilerating! Then we fried up our trout catch at home and ate every yummy morsel.
No comments:
Post a Comment