Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moving Day






On May 6th we were finally ready to leave. Fifty years earlier, to the day, I had left Sweden with my family to move to America. I thought this was a curious coincidence. The big monster moving truck couldn't negotiate our driveway so we ferried our belongings on car trailers to the end of the driveway and with the help of everyone in the shop and family members we managed to stuff our 18 foot allotment to the gills and close the door.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris and Rita,

    Congratulations on the move and starting construction. It looks like things are coming along with the building site.

    While things are a bit busy this summer with the CO and WY bar exams, after they are done I am doing a 5 day bike trip from Dillon, CO to Pagosa Springs, CO and it will take us right by Salida. Traci and I were talking about stopping by and saying hi after the ride was finished if you are going to be around (August 20th or so). If that doesn't work then we will try and schedule another visit with you all later in the fall.

    All the best,
    Jonathan Rivinus

    ReplyDelete