


When we got to our building site this morning things were already in full swing. As we approached, we saw an enormously long spindly arm reaching high above our gigantic dirt pile ... what in the world is that? I wondered. Turns our that it was the "pump" that I referred to yesterday as malfunctioning. A whole big truck devoted to pumping out and delivering the contents of the cement truck. Boy, was I impressed! The operator had a remote control device strapped on and he was on the ground with the rest of the workers so he could see exactly how much flow was needed. I was fascinated. The pouring lasted several hours and all in all it took about 40 yards of concrete. Now we have a footing. This is good. After all this excitement we drove up to Buena Vista to check out their health food store and hike along the river where we watched lots of kayakers and rafters. Memorial Day weekend is upon us and the footing has three solid days to leisurely cure.
No comments:
Post a Comment