Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Instant walls!



The first picture is a composite of the view towards the north and Mt. Shavano, "our mountain." Moving right along, stacking the "ICFs" began today ... it's this amazing system that forms the basement walls for pouring concrete into and then you leave it on and it becomes insulation both inside and outside, sort of like instant walls. It was the first time we had seen the system in person so to say. Chris disappeared with a spare piece in order to try his hand at installing one of the electrical boxes that we (he and I) will install with conduit for wiring ... we start tomorrow. He reappeared looking pleased as punch with himself, apparently it was an easy install, and he was ready to show the crew what we will be doing with the wiring inside those concrete walls. They had never seen anything like it and were impressed. It is really a no-brainer system that I'll have pictures of tomorrow probably.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures and accounts feel like deja vu for me. The same scenery and similar clothes and similar project as our parents. You both seem happy and content. What is especially striking to me is that you, Chris, appear relaxed. I see no stress in your face. I wasn't particularly conscious of the stress in your face before, but now I notice it is not there.
    Ragna

    ReplyDelete