


Surprisingly we spent the greater part of the weekend feeling like we were under a great big puffy down quilt in the sky, a low heavy quilt that saw fit to dump lots of rain on the valley and tease us with patches of blue sky and then change its mind and dump some more. We took this in stride and decided to see what our site felt like in the rain ... I focused downward on the ground and saw an astonishing diversity of flowers that had come to life! What joy! The blue ones are lupines and what appears to be flax (linblommor if you are Swedish) ... I am ecstatic with glee! I tried for years to nurture lupines in Pennsylvania and was always thwarted by the hot summers and here they grow like weeds with no human intervention ... just like in Hälsingland! Go figure. We visited our neighbors who have horses and they told us that they actually spray to get rid of the lupines in the pastures because they are not good for the animals' digestion. Not on our property! When the sun came out late on Sunday Chris decided he needed to get something useful done and set up making a couple of sawhorses while I enjoyed myself in a chair nearby.
Wow..what wonderful flowers!
ReplyDelete